Love Dance? Love Fitness?
Want to get paid to keep fit? And have a FUN career that doesn’t feel like a job?
We are looking to recruit a friendly & enthusiastic individual, with a keen interest in fitness
and a passion for helping & motivating others, on a full-time fitness apprenticeship.
IS THIS YOU?
Then APPLY NOW to join the BV Team on a 12-month, full-time dance/fitness apprenticeship!
(Some basic dance experience is required for this role)
Learn more about the role…
Vacancy Title: Apprentice Dance/Fitness instructor
Possible Start Date: 18th September ’17 (The start date can be slightly flexible)
Working Days/Hours: 30 hours per week over 4-5 days (Days & Times to be confirmed)
Course Dates: You MUST be available for the week-long course in May for your Level 2 qualification
Holiday Entitlement: Statutory entitlement (inclusive of public bank holidays)
Pay rate/wage: £105 per week (potential to reach up to £133 p/w during the apprenticeship)
Onsite parking/on a bus route? Yes – There’s a car park and it’s on a main bus route
DBS Check required? Yes (the employer will cover the cost of this, if you need one)
Travel Expenses: Some travel expenses will be reimbursed. (Agreed upon in advance on an individual basis)
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for anyone interested in a long-term career in dance/fitness.
With mentoring/support from our friendly, experienced instructors and training that you’ll receive from Central College Nottingham, you will gain a Level 2 fitness instructor qualification (Exercise to Music) and will learn how to confidently deliver a wide range of fun, community-based dance/fitness classes.
You will be part of a small, friendly team and there is potential opportunity for a permanent, full-time role at the end of the apprenticeship.
Initially shadowing the other instructors, and joining in classes, you will receive additional training to be licenced to teach a variety of class types which may include Clubbercise, Zumba, Beatz, Pound, Veraflow, Zumba Gold, StreetFit, FitSteps (and more, as more classes are added to our program each year).
The role will involve delivering sessions to adults and children, therefore the candidate must have a DBS certificate. If you do not already have one, then we will cover the cost of one.
You will also be required to get involved with special events, charity events and the occasional themed fancy-dress sessions.
In addition to instructing, you will provide reception/administrative support with tasks that may include:
– Greeting customers at classes and signing them into the class
– Dealing with bookings & cancellations, both at classes and via email/phone.
– Answering a variety of queries via email, text, phone & social media.
– Processing payments (at classes and over the phone)
– Using a CRM system, inputting customer data and scheduling classes.
– Basic marketing – such as posting on the social media pages
– Setting up/setting down equipment at our current class venues.
– Any other duties as may be required to assist in the day-to-day running of the business.
ESSENTIAL QUALITIES FOR THE ROLE:
– Creative, enthusiastic & charismatic with a sense of humour
– Caring, patient & sympathetic
– Flexible in your approach to work – willing to work additional hours when required
– Able to easily adapt to change
– Self-motivated & able to motivate/encourage/support others
– A co-operative, dedicated & supportive team player
– Willing to learn new skills and attend courses to improve self-development
– Professional in appearance & manner
– Take pride in your work and committed to the development of the business
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
– Some basic dance background/experience and the ability to learn moves/steps fairly quickly
– A basic level of fitness & willingness to improve/maintain fitness levels
– Good customer care skills with the ability to deal with customer queries tactfully & sensitively
– Good written & verbal communication skills
– Good time management skills
– Able to use own initiative and work effectively both individually and as part of a team
– Some experience attending dance/fitness classes
– Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise & manage a diverse workload
– Good problem-solving skills
– Strong ICT skills and experience using Microsoft excel & word
– Basic data processing skills
– Good knowledge & experience with social media such as Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
– Excellent customer care skills with the ability to deal with customer queries tactfully and sensitively
– Own a car and have a full UK driving licence
Founded in August 2011, we’re a small local business in Nottingham that specialises in fun, community-based group fitness classes. We currently run about 14-15 classes per week, with an average of 200-300 members attending on a weekly basis. We have plans to expand further over the next 3-5 years to reach more people in the community and increase the number and range of classes & services offered to our members.
Our mission is to make fitness enjoyable & accessible for everyone, to bring people together in the community, build confidence & self-esteem and to encourage/develop friendships.
The BV team are really supportive of each other and we all bring something different to the team. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and we offer a great value membership & loyalty rewards scheme.
We offer a very high level of customer service and we work hard to support each other as a team, so we’re looking for someone who is a team player with good communication and organisational skills as well as a passion for dance & fitness that can help drive our growing business forward.
Is this the perfect role for you? Then apply now via Central College Nottingham.
If you work hard and show your dedication to the business then we’ll do our best to make the role permanent for you at the end of the apprenticeship.
You’ll gain a Level 2 CYQ Certificate in Exercise To Music as well as additional training for a variety of classes. You’ll be fully coached, mentored & supported by the BV team and by Central College Nottingham, throughout the process, so you’ll never have to worry about being thrown in at the deep-end.
(closing date for applications is 28th August 2017)